Annual Education Report
The Elementary and Secondary Education Act requires that all districts and schools in Michigan report out on several educational components. You will find a description of these components and a link to the MDE provided reports in the sections below.
Elementary or middle school assessment results on the Michigan Student Test for Educational Progress (M-STEP), high school assessment results on Michigan Merit Exam (MME), and assessment results for students with disabilities on Michigan’s Alternative Assessment Program (MI-Access or MEAP-Access).
- Presents achievement data for all five tested subjects (mathematics, reading, science, social studies and writing) compared to targets for all students as well as subgroups of students.
- Helps parents understand achievement progress within schools and compare these to district and state achievement.
Information is provided for the district and each school related to achievement targets in reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies answering questions like:
- Did the school meet achievement targets for all students and subgroups of students?
This link takes you to a report on the Professional Qualifications of teachers at Light of the World Academy.
- Identifies teacher qualifications at the school level.
- Reports percentage of core academic classes taught by teachers not considered highly-qualified to teach such classes.
The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) assessment is administered annually to a representative sample of schools across the 50 states in grades four and eight. The link takes you to a report on the achievement levels of fourth and eighth graders in the state of Michigan and does not reflect the achievement of Light of the World Academy school students.